Do It Scared | Ruth Soukup
We all tend to look at successful people and think, “Oh, they have it all—it must be easy for them.” But the truth is that everyone struggles with fear, and in Ruth’s latest book Do it Scared, she breaks down the idea that other people—yes, even the “most talented” and “lucky” ones—are afraid.
At 23, she was divorced. Her friends and family had given up on her. She had dropped out of college and attempted suicide five times, finding herself in and out of hospitals.
She finally said, “What is the point? I have nothing left.”
With the help of counseling, she put her life back together, one piece at a time. Today, Ruth Soukup is a bestselling author (five times over!) dedicated to helping women overcome fear and create a life they love. Each month, over a million women visit Living Well Spending Less, Ruth’s blog about saving money… that she started when she was spending too much!
Ruth and I talk about her journey from self-harm to becoming a published author, idea machine, and thriving entrepreneur who now helps other women to reach out for their dreams and touch them—and how being afraid and doing it anyway is the way to do it.
Are there things you want to do in life, but you distract yourself with the fear of failure? Listen to this episode. Together, we’re going to shine a light on fear. No more hiding in the shadows, and no turning back now!
In This Podcast Episode We Talk About…
- Finding the courage to face your fears, overcome obstacles, and create a life you love
- Ruth’s journey of creating a blog that eventually allowed her husband to quit the job he hated
- How does fear manifest? It’s different for everyone!
- The breakdown and the breakthrough
- What’s worse than the pain of failure?
Resources for you:
- What are you afraid of? Take the Fear Assessment to discover your Fear Archetype at DoItScared.com and order Ruth’s book while you’re there!
- Need some practical advice? Visit Ruth’s blog at LivingWellSpendingLess.com
- Join me at Women’s Health Matters on May 25th (or sign up for the live stream) by signing up at TheSoulFrequency.com/HealingEvent.
- Order The Soul Frequency by Shanna Lee at TheSoulFrequency.com/Book, and get your book bonus gifts at TheSoulFrequencyBook.com.
- Join The Soul Frequency VIP Tribe on Facebook.
WANT TO SHARE THE SHOW? – share this show through iTunes and many other podcast directories.
WANT TO LEAVE US A REVIEW? – leave us a review in iTunes! I would love to hear from you!!
As always, my hope for you is that you love big and live abundantly! xo
LET ME SHOW YOU HOW TO TRANSFORM YOUR BODY!
Grab your copy of The Soul Frequency Book and access 4 Bonus gifts!
Wouldn’t it be great to be truly healthy, confident and empowered? Find out the secrets to getting REAL results that last long-term so you can stop worrying about your body and start creating your best life!