Lovin’ This White Bean Hummus Recipe!
If you are an avid fan of delicious hummus then you will be sure to absolutely love our delicious version of white bean hummus. Hailing from The Levant in the Eastern Mediterranean, hummus is a delicious, multipurpose, wonderfully vegan dip that is a raw blend of nutritionally-dense produce. This white bean hummus recipe is a perfect option for vegans, or anyone who simply wants to indulge in foods that improve the quality of their health. It is sure to be an interesting addition to your collection of everyday healthy recipes.
Our recipe makes cannellini beans the star of the show, but the other ingredients still pack a healthy punch. Cannellini beans are an abundant source of quality vegetable-based protein, energy boosting B12, immune-system-boosting zinc, iron, and potassium. Potassium is credited with reducing anxiety and stress, while simultaneously benefiting your metabolism. Tahini comes into play along with extra virgin olive oil, two spectacular ingredients that also provide premium health benefits when consumed raw.
The only piece of equipment you require is a food processor. Creating this delicious dip is easy. All you have to do is blend all the ingredients together and add water to obtain your desired consistency.
This hummus has a conveniently long life of up to a week. You could make a fresh batch every Sunday to make weekday meal prep that much easier (and tastier!). Could healthy living be easier? We think not.
If you have guests coming over, wow them with this handmade spread presented alongside a generous platter of fresh vegetables. We recommend you keep your kitchen stocked up with the essentials, because you will be sure to love this white bean hummus recipe.
- 1 can cannellini beans (15 oz), drained and rinsed
- 2 heaping tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 or 2 lemons
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, optional
- a couple twists of Himalayan salt grinder
- a couple tablespoons of water as needed to thin
- 1/4 teaspoon or so of cumin and/or coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon or so Dijon mustard
- herbs like chives or basil
- za’atar (I used as a topper)
- Place ingredients in food processor, except water, and blend until desired consistency.
- Taste for flavor and add anything more to your liking…more garlic? more lemon? more tahini? more salt?
- Blend again.
- Add water one tablespoon at a time to thin if needed (when using as a sandwich spread or binder I prefer a thinner hummus and will add a few extra tablespoons of water to thin it out nicely).
- Serve however you like! It’s great either at room temp or chilled.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to a week.
Let me show you how to have your cake and eat it too!
Download my 43-page recipe book filled with simple recipes for the foods you love.
Wouldn’t it be cool to eat the foods you crave the most AND have them be healthy? Foods like pastas, burgers, fries, milkshakes, muffins, ice cream, chocolate and more?