The Story You Need To Tell | Sandra Marinella
It’s a big deal to share what your journey has been like. It’s not easy to share the difficult moments you’ve had to make you the person you’ve become.
I should know—it took me six months to get over myself, publish my book, and share it with the world! Despite all of my personal growth work, and even though I felt my connection to Source very deeply, I was still afraid to move forward with the next big step in sharing my story with others.
Sandra Marinella, author of The Story You Need to Tell: Writing to Heal from Trauma, Illness, or Loss, joins me in this episode for a conversation about the story you need to tell. She’s a writing teacher of thousands of students and an author from Chandler, Arizona, and her articles have appeared in The English Journal, Seventeen, Wellbeing Journal, Psychology Today’s blog, and more.
During her battle with cancer, Sandra discovered that writing about her experiences was therapeutic for her. Today, she teaches veterans and cancer patients at Mayo Clinic how to write and share their amazing journeys. She wrote the book The Story You Need to Tell: Writing to Heal from Trauma, Illness, or Loss.
I asked Sandra onto The Soul Frequency Podcast because of her incredible, scientifically proven work. The stories that we carry with us are what carry us through life, and that’s what this episode is all about.
Sandra talk and about what we can learn about our own fears, how to confront them and overcome them through writing, and how journaling can heal the traumatic experiences we’ve had in life. Ready to write? Listen to this episode!
What we discuss in this episode…
- Life lessons to be discovered by journaling through your fear
- The stages of writing and healing—what happens when you start to become vulnerable
- How telling your story can transform your ending…
- Turning down the volume of your inner critic
- Our brains work because of… stories!
Additional resources for you…
- Learn more about Sandra’s writing and storytelling resources at StoryYouTell.com
- Follow me on Instagram @TheSoulFrequency
- Order my book The Soul Frequency at TheSoulFrequency.com/Book
- Join The Soul Frequency VIP Tribe on Facebook
WANT TO SHARE THE SHOW? – share this show through iTunes and many other podcast directories.
WANT TO LEAVE US A REVIEW? – leave us a review in iTunes! I would love to hear from you!!
As always, my hope for you is that you love big and live abundantly! xo