Say No More, It’s Sun-Dried Tomato Cashew Dip!
Sun-dried tomato dip is a classic, but have you ever tried sun-dried tomato dip with cashew? The Say No More, It’s Sun-Dried Tomato Cashew Dip! is a delicious enhancement on the standard dip, combining the best of vitamin-rich tomato with rich and silky cashew nut.
It’s true that cashew nuts are considered high in calorie, but have you ever considered that in comparison to the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants these nuts provide, the calorific density is worth it? Cashews are rich in vitamins B6, vitamin K, and vitamin E all essential for the healthy functioning of your body. In addition, they are rich in a wide range of minerals, such as zinc, iron, copper, phosphorus, magnesium, and selenium. When you combine cashews with the vitamin density of tomatoes, you’ve got yourself one nutritious dip.
In addition to these two powerhouse ingredients, we add in smoked paprika for a depth of flavor. Paprika is another brilliant choice in the produce section, as it is rich in an array of vitamins such as vitamin E, vitamin C, and iron.
This dish requires a bit of preparation beforehand, so ensure you get started at least a day before you need it. Ideally, you would soak your cashews overnight but in a pinch, 3-4 hours will suffice.
Once your cashews are reasonably soaked, add them to the blender with your delicious sun-dried tomatoes and smoked paprika and blend it until it is smooth.
When it is mixed, add water until you reach your preferred consistency. This dip is the perfect accompaniment to virtually any dish; make enough to last a few days as it stores well in a sealed container.
- 2 cups cashews, soaked
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil , drained
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinch salt, to taste
- water as needed, about 1/4 cup
- Soak your cashews for 3-4 hours or overnight. Alternatively, do a quick soak by boiling water, then removing it from the heat and soaking the cashews in the hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Drain the cashews before proceeding with the recipe.
- Place the soaked cashews, sun-dried tomatoes, and smoked paprika in a blender and blend until very smooth.
- Add water, starting with a few tablespoons, and blend.
- Add more water until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Taste and add salt to your preference. Enjoy!
Let me show you how to have your cake and eat it too!
Download my 43-page recipe book filled with simple recipes for the foods you love.
Wouldn’t it be cool to eat the foods you crave the most AND have them be healthy? Foods like pastas, burgers, fries, milkshakes, muffins, ice cream, chocolate and more?