Southwestern Vegan Burrito Bowl
Craving some vegan Mexican food, but unsure where to begin? Start right here with our healthy yet delicious Southwestern Vegan Burrito Bowl! We’ve selected the best ingredients to satisfy your every craving without that overstuffed feeling.
This spectacular vegan bowl contains everyone’s favorite black beans. They are renowned for their level of calcium, which you probably know is essential for strong, healthy bones and teeth. Black beans are also high in iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, folate, vitamin K and a great source of fiber.
As well as including brown rice, which holds much more nutrients due to retaining the outer coating, this recipe also calls for bell peppers. The peppers contain essential vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin B6, vitamin C, potassium, manganese, and folate.
Organic salsa provides depth of flavor; and fresh avocados add a drop of vitamins C, E, K, and B-6, as well as riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and potassium. Avocados are truly heaven sent! They also provide lutein, beta-carotene, and omega-3 fatty acids.
For that signature flavor, cumin, chili, and lime delight the taste buds, while also providing stimulating body benefits as well as an array of vitamins and minerals.
Chopped cilantro stuns with its wide range of benefits, including thiamin and zinc, fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Pantothenic Acid, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Copper, and Manganese – wow!
With this incredible dish, a burrito bowl can become an everyday meal rather than something to be enjoyed on a one off occasion. How healthy to have so many life giving nutrients in a single meal!
Want more tasty recipes? I put together over 43 amazing recipes made with healthy goodness! Grab your copy of Crave: No-Guilt Junk Food Recipes. You will find favorites like ice cream, fettuccine alfredo, muffins, cookies, burgers and more!
Be sure to grab a copy of my book – The Soul Frequency: Your Healthy, Awakened and Authentic Life – where I share the real deal on food, healing, and finding your purpose.
Southwestern Vegan Burrito Bowl
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 8 oz frozen corn kernels
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 12 oz jar organic salsa
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- handful cilantro (chopped)
- 1 ripe avocado (smashed)
- 1/3 cup vegan sour cream
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbsp non dairy milk to thin (if neccesary)
- Combine all ingredients, except the non dairy milk, in a small bowl and stir well to combine.
- Add 1 tbsp non dairy milk at a time and stir until you reach your desired consistency. (I used 2 tbsp). Set aside.
- Cook the instant rice according to package directions (this usually takes about 5 -10 minutes depending on brand).
- When the rice is done, add to the same pot the black beans, corn, and salsa.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Take off heat, add bell peppers and cilantro if using.
- Pour in Creamy Avocado Dressing and combine.
- Serve with tortilla chips or over chopped Romaine lettuce.
Let me show you how to have your cake and eat it too!
Download my 43-page recipe book filled with simple recipes for the foods you love.
Wouldn’t it be cool to eat the foods you crave the most AND have them be healthy? Foods like pastas, burgers, fries, milkshakes, muffins, ice cream, chocolate and more?