Healthy Pancakes With Berries
Your weekends will never be the same once you’ve had a taste of these healthy pancakes. Berry Zen Pancakes are a healthier version of our favorite morning meal; the delicious pancakes that have graced breakfast tables for centuries. Toss some berries on top and it is the perfect gluten-free and sugar-free, whole food breakfast.
You can add syrup if you want to, but, honestly, the sweetness of the berries should satisfy that sweet-tooth. (Plus, syrups can increase your sugar intake significantly.)
You can try adding fresh strawberries to the mix for a blast of sweetness as well as antioxidants, as well as a sprinkling of cinnamon on top for some extra flavor and spice.
I use buckwheat flour in this recipe, but feel free to substitute it with another gluten-free flour if you choose. I’ve found that the consistency of buckwheat is perfect for pancakes, and this healthy flour is packed with powerful nutrients such as manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, niacin, zinc, iron, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, and tons of fiber and protein. When we look at nutrition labels we want to see a list like this. It’s a health-nut’s dream!
And did you know that the more nutrients our meals hold the less hungry we feel after eating? It’s only when we eat empty calories and lackluster, heavily processed foods that our bodies pine for more substance. When the body is getting all of the building blocks for health such as vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients, our energy and life force becomes brighter and more powerful, and our insatiable cravings are finally satisfied.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (or other gluten-free flour)
- Stevia to taste
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, optional
- pinch of salt
- coconut oil , for the griddle
- berries of choice, to serve (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or strawberries)
- pure maple syrup , optional
- In a measuring cup , add milk and apple cider vinegar, let set for 10 minutes.
- Preheat griddle to manufacturers setting for pancakes.
- Once hot add 1 tablespoon or so of coconut oil and spread to coat griddle.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add flour, stevia, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, mix well.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop up batter and place on griddle.
- Once the top forms bubbles and sides look a little leathery, about 2 – 3 minutes, flip and cook the other side for 2 -3 minutes.
- Serve with berries and or pure maple syrup.
A healthy sprinkling of berries kicks the frequency of this meal into an even higher gear, enriching us with vibrancy and effervescence. Berry Zen Pancakes bring us the zen while serving up the savory, sweet, fluffy goodness of the beloved flapjack. Pair them with a cup of tea and start your day off on the right foot!
Let me show you how to have your cake and eat it too!
Download my 43-page recipe book filled with simple recipes for the foods you love.
Wouldn’t it be cool to eat the foods you crave the most AND have them be healthy? Foods like pastas, burgers, fries, milkshakes, muffins, ice cream, chocolate and more?
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THESE HEALTHY PANCAKES WITH BERRIES?
I’d love to hear from you if you make this. Leave me a comment and let me know how it turned out for you!