Scrumptious Chocolate Bark Recipe
One of the most-craved foods is chocolate. If you are not the chocolate loving type, chances are you know at least one person who has an affinity for chocolaty pleasures. Deprivation is never the answer. With this chocolate bark recipe, there is no reason to stop enjoying a healthy chocolate treat from time to time.
The best chocolate I have found for taste and low sugar content that’s free of terrible ingredients is Lily’s brand chocolates. They’re sweetened with stevia and taste wonderful! I also recommend Lily’s chocolate chips for baked goods.
The mixture of hazelnuts and cinnamon in this chocolate bark recipe offers the perfect taste sensation. Hazelnuts have a high amount of vitamin E, which is important in maintaining healthy skin, hair and nails. The B vitamins are important in proper cell and energy metabolism. Hazelnuts are also a rich source of potassium, calcium and magnesium. Cinnamon’s special phenolic compounds, flavonoids, and antioxidants make it one of the most beneficial spices on earth. They give cinnamon its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, anti-microbial, immunity-boosting, cancer and heart disease-protecting abilities. Not a bad herb to add into any recipe!
Imagine enjoying all of these healthy benefits while indulging in a piece of chocolate. This is a favorite around my own home and seems to disappear as quickly as it comes out of the oven. 😉 Choosing to eat foods made with high-quality ingredients means we are giving our bodies love, care and consideration. That allows our own body’s intelligence to heal, repair, and function optimally.
- Lined baking tray or large plate
- 2 1.65 oz. Lily's Dark (55% Cocoa) Chocolate Bars – stevia sweetened 70% or above Cacao
- ¼ teaspoon [vanilla extracthttp://amzn.to/2F4QoO2]
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Line a baking sheet or large plate with parchment paper or a silpat sheet , set aside.
- Toast hazelnuts in a dry pan until warmed and fragrant. Let the nuts cool, then chop and set aside chopped pieces.
- Chop the chocolate into ½-inch pieces and place it into either a stove top double boiler or into a microwave safe bowl. If using the stove top, continuously stir until melted.
- If using a microwave, warm in 15 second intervals, stirring with a rubber spatula between each. Continue microwaving and stirring at between intervals until melted.
- Stir in vanilla and cinnamon into the melted chocolate.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread it out to about ¼ inch thick.
- Add your toppings. Try to spread out the ingredients so there is a piece of each in every bite.
- Let the bark harden at room temperature, about 1 hour. (Or to speed it up, place it into the fridge or freezer). Break
- into pieces once hard and store in an airtight container at room temp or keep in the fridge and enjoy for 1 to 2 weeks.
There is nothing more powerful than high-frequency emotions. Making great choices for your body creates more sensations of love, fulfillment and joy and less guilt, shame and sadness. Life is meant to be celebrated and enjoyed, and quality food is one way we can choose to raise our frequency and nourish our bodies. Let me know if you use this chocolate bark recipe to celebrate with your loved ones!
Let me show you how to have your cake and eat it too!
Download my 43-page recipe book filled with simple recipes for the foods you love.
Wouldn’t it be cool to eat the foods you crave the most AND have them be healthy? Foods like pastas, burgers, fries, milkshakes, muffins, ice cream, chocolate and more?