Banana-licious Pancakes Recipe
Why settle for standard pancakes when you can indulge in healthy energy-giving banana filled ones? These banana pancakes not only taste sensational, they pack a vitamin punch with a healthy dose of almond meal. This recipe is a great option for those of you who are actively avoiding gluten.
Almond meal is known for being high in fiber, protein, and flaxseed meal, as well as for being a healthy source of filling essential fats. All it takes is one banana to make a single serving of this cinnamon-dusted tasty banana pancakes treat.
Did you know that cinnamon has been proven to lower blood sugar levels, as well as reducing the risk of heart disease? This banana pancakes recipe calls for half a teaspoon, but add as much as you like (up to the recommended daily dose of a teaspoon – you don’t want to overdo it).
Vanilla extract provides an added dash of flavor, and if you’re feeling extra luxurious you can scrape a little vanilla pod into your mix. Vanilla pod is an abundant source of magnesium, which helps increase energy while reducing anxiety. It is also a well-known aphrodisiac, which makes it a great mood booster.
If you’re a regular healthy baker you’ll have most of the necessary ingredients right in your kitchen and if not – it’s a good reason to stock up on essential items that will be useful across a multitude of healthy dishes.
The only tools this banana pancakes recipe calls for are a blender to process the banana, vanilla, and almond milk, as well as a bowl to mix the remaining ingredients. Pour it out onto a skillet or griddle, and have yourself a feast. With this recipe, you can be sure to start your day the right way. Now that is a healthy treat that does your body right.
Banana Pancakes Recipe
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, + more as needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup oat flour , gluten free all purpose flour or pancake mix (I use Bob’s Red Mill )
- 1/3 cup almond meal/flour*
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal (ground flaxseeds), optional
- 1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil for the skillet/griddle if needed
- In blender, process the banana, vanilla and almond milk until smooth ( the magic bullet works great for this task). Alternately, using a small/medium bowl mash your banana until smooth, a few small chunks will be fine.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add additional milk to thin to desired consistency. (Adding extra milk will depend on the size of your banana and how much banana puree you will have. Add milk slowly until desired consistency. I usually have to add a tad bit more milk.)
- Heat skillet/griddle on medium, add oil to grease if needed.
- Pour your pancakes to the desired size. I like to use just under 1/4 cup for each one.
- Cook until nicely golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with maple syrup and any other topping you may like.
- Serves 2 – 3
Let me show you how to have your cake and eat it too!
Download my 43-page recipe book filled with simple recipes for the foods you love.
Wouldn’t it be cool to eat the foods you crave the most AND have them be healthy? Foods like pastas, burgers, fries, milkshakes, muffins, ice cream, chocolate and more?